RANDY TRAVIS RELEASES REMASTER OF HISTORIC MULTI-PLATINUM DEBUT ALBUM STORMS OF LIFE (35TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION) WITH NEVER-BEFORE-HEARD SONGS
- https://www.randytravis.com/news/randy-travis-releases-remaster-historic-multi-platinum-debut-album-storms-life-35thRANDY TRAVIS RELEASES REMASTER OF HISTORIC MULTI-PLATINUM DEBUT ALBUM STORMS OF LIFE (35TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION) WITH NEVER-BEFORE-HEARD SONGS
Seven-time GRAMMY-winner and Country Music Hall of Fame member, Randy Travis, is bringing true country music back again with the remastered version of his multi-platinum debut album Storms Of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition). 35 years after he turned the genre around with his authentic story-telling and unique baritone, the country music legend brings fans these iconic songs better than ever. Along with “Diggin’ Up Bones” and “On The Other Hand”, which originally catapulted to No. 1 on the charts in 1986, this remastering of one of the all-time great debut albums also includes three previously unreleased songs from The Vault. Listen to Storms Of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) here.
The masterful Bernie Taupin, Songwriters Hall of Fame member and lyricist on nearly all of Elton John's catalog of hits, penned the liner notes for the re-issue with a summation only a fellow gifted creative could so fittingly put into words:
"It’s an anomaly in any genre of music to create the perfect album. Oh, it happens, but inevitably it can be marred by that one track that makes you think ‘Dang, if only they’d left that one out.” Hank Williams didn’t make long players per se, but over the decades since Luke the Drifter cranked out cuts of genuine genius, there has been an illustrious handful who have not only carved out country classics, but have been driven to greatness by voices hand picked by God. They are few and far between, but Randy Travis and his perfect gem Storms of Life stands on the shoulders of giants."
"Ain't No Use", "The Wall" and "Carryin’ Fire" were recorded 1985, but never found a place on the original 10-song album. Now, Travis' signature sound rings as true and clear as ever on these never-before-released songs, finally finding their place among his chart-topping hits. Country music fans originally embraced this now historic album 35 years ago, and fans around the world are still captivated with Travis as one of the genre’s kings. His presence on social media continues to flourish, with his TikTok following climbing past 2 million, while his one-of-a-kind voice still garners millions of streams weekly around the world - even while still silenced by his massive 2013 stroke.
Storms of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) Track Listing:
1. “On the Other Hand (2021 Remaster)” [Paul Overstreet, Don Schlitz]
2. “The Storms of Life (2021 Remaster)” [Max D. Barnes, Troy Seals]
3. “My Heart Cracked (But It Did Not Break) [2021 Remaster]” (Ronny Scaife, Don Singleton, Phil Thomas)
4. “Diggin’ Up Bones (2021 Remaster)” [Al Gore, Paul Overstreet, Nat Stuckey]
5. “No Place Like Home (2021 Remaster)” [Paul Overstreet]
6. “1982 (2021 Remaster)” [Buddy Blackmon, Vip Vipperman]
7. “Send My Body (2021 Remaster)” [Randy Travis]
8. “Messin’ With My Mind (2021 Remaster)” [Joseph Allen, Charlie Williams]
9. “Reasons I Cheat (2021 Remaster)” [Randy Travis]
10. “There’ll Always Be a Honky Tonk Somewhere (2021 Remaster)” [Steve Clark, Johnny MacRae]
11. “Carryin’ Fire (From The Vault)” [Red Lane, Jim Ray, Sam Beck]
12. “Ain’t No Use (From The Vault)” [Randy Travis, John Lindley]
13. “The Wall (From The Vault)” [Lee Fry, Jim Sales, Phil Thomas]
*All tracks produced by Kyle Lehning, except “On The Other Hand” and “Reasons I Cheat” produced by Lehning and Keith Stegall.